DVR stands for Digital Video Recorder.
In a few words DVR is a simple and efficient software aiming at recording digital video on a Linux computer.
DVR runs on computers equipped with one or more video capture cards. It can record and compress audio and video in real time, using recent codecs like DivX or Indeo 5 for example.
- records simultaneously video and audio streams
- uses standard AVI file format for data storage
- uses common codecs like mpg4 for video, mp3 for audio
- writes segmented files, in order to split large files
- threaded : take profit of multi-processors computers
- horizontal margin removal during capture